What is Botox?
Like a piece of paper that’s folded in the same place, again and again, our skin can begin to show fine lines and wrinkles that are caused by the repeated movement and contraction of our facial muscles over the years. These ‘dynamic’ wrinkles tend to show up as frown lines, a downturned mouth or sad smile, crows’ feet around the eyes, and other expression lines. One of the most effective treatments for these lines, as well as for the symptoms of a number of medical conditions, is Botox® injections.
Botox® is a popular facial rejuvenation treatment that is especially effective for diminishing lines on the upper and lower face. Your skin should look smoother, younger and wonderfully refreshed within a few days of your treatment.
10 – 15 minutes.
BACK TO WORK
5 – 10 minutes.
DURATION OF RESULTS
3 – 6 months.
- Botox® can be used to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles in the upper and lower face, as well as for certain medical conditions. You might want to consider Botox to smooth away wrinkles such as your;
– crows feet
– frown lines between the brows
– forehead lines
– bunny lines
– lower eyelid wrinkles
– sad smile / down-turned corners of the mouth
– smoker’s lines
– chin lines & creases
Botox can also be used to;
– achieve an eyebrow lift
– tackle an oily T-zone
– help with nasal flaring
– lift a droopy nose tip
– improve a gummy smile
– make your neck chords less prominent
– carry out a Nerfetiti neck lift
- Although Botox doesn’t offer a lifelong cure, it can be an incredibly effective option to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) under the arms or palms of the hands, as well as excessive facial sweating. The latter procedure uses ‘Baby Botox’, i.e small amounts of Botox administered to multiple areas of the face to temporarily stop the sweat glands from releasing sweat. Botox can also be used to address symptoms such as;
– facial asymmetry caused by Bell’s palsy
– jaw clenching
– jaw muscle reduction
– teeth grinding
- We’re asked this question a lot. You may have seen a Hollywood celebrity with a perma-frozen look of surprise on their face and have concerns that this could be you! It is always best to see Botox® treatment from a qualified cosmetic medical doctor who understands the human face and how just small amounts of Botox can make subtle but positive differences without affecting your ability to smile or express other emotions. Dr Victoria Gauba has spent many years studying skin and the human face, as well as the emotions we feel and how we express them. She views injectable treatments such as Botox® and dermal fillers as a kind of art form where a light approach can give the best results.
- Botox® has been licensed for use in America since the 1980s, so it is supported by a number of clinical trials that show this prescription-only drug to have an exceptional safety record when used by a qualified and experienced medical professional. In the UK, Botox® was given a new brand name, Vistabel®, and licensed for cosmetic use on glabellar (frown) lines in 2006. Since then, wrinkle reduction injections using botulinum toxin type A have become the fastest growing non-invasive treatment in the UK and the most popular in America. Botox® tends to be a comfortable and pain-free procedure for most people. The most common side effects are Botox® are temporary bruising, swelling or bleeding at the injection site, or a mild headache. In rare cases, when Botox is used in the upper half of the face, it can cause a drooping brow or eyelid. In experienced hands, this tends to happen in less than one percent of patients and typically resolves over a period of two to ten weeks.
Speak to one of our experts today
Why Choose Dr. Victoria Clinic?
At Dr Victoria Clinic, our experienced and highly qualified doctors understand that aesthetics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. We tailor each treatment to the individual to ensure the best, most natural results. Understanding the contours and shape of your face and body allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Our treatments are often a blend of technologically advanced procedures and more traditional approaches while we give the best patient care from the moment you come in for a consultation. This patient care doesn’t just stop after your treatment, but we offer free ongoing advice to our patients whenever they have any questions.