What are Chemical Peels?
We offer a range of skin peels using Dr. Obagi, ZO®, and Glo Therapeutics products. These innovative peels can be adapted to the best formulation for your individual skin type, condition, lifestyle, and according to what you would like the treatment to achieve.
Chemical skin peels go beyond exfoliation by providing dermal and epidermal stimulation and supporting skin renewal. If you have a skin concerns such as hyperpigmentation, sun damage, acne, flaky skin, ageing skin or fine lines and wrinkles, a cosmeceutical treatment such as a skin peel can help remove dull, unhealthy skin cells and boost the creation of healthy cells underneath.
We provide a range of peel strengths and depths to best suit your needs. Our full range of chemical peels come from some of the industry’s leading brands and include;
- Vi peel from vi Aesthetics
- Perfect peel
- Dermamelan and Cosmelan peels from Mesoestetic to address melasma
- Zo peels, Zo controlled depth peel / Obaji blue peel and Zo three step peel from Dr Zen Obagi to address acne
- Salicylic, glycolic and mandelic acid peels
15 – 30 minutes.
BACK TO WORK
5 – 7 days.
Variable, depending on the type of peel.
3 – 7 days.
DURATION OF RESULTS
6 – 12 months.
Chemical Peels FAQ’s
- A chemical peel is a treatment used to improve the appearance of the skin on your face, neck or hands. Each chemical peel uses a specially formulated solution with approved acids to exfoliate and peel off the top layers of your skin to stimulate skin cell renewal and reveal new, regenerated cells underneath. After your treatment, you should see a visible improvement in problems such as fine lines and wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, brown spots, red spots, sun damage, acne and dry, flaky skin.
- Chemical peels work at different depths. Superficial peels will only remove the outer layer of your skin and gently exfoliate, whereas medium chemical peels will penetrate the outer and middle layers of your skin to target problems such as age spots, freckles and other signs of sun damage. The depth and strength of the peel will affect how much peeling you experience after your treatment. We will always advise you on which peel we feel would be most suitable for your skin and your individual needs. Many people choose a gentle superficial peel to enhance another aesthetic treatment but they also work well as standalone procedures that can boost the health and appearance of your skin.
- When a chemical peel is applied it can cause a slight sting or small measure of discomfort but it is very manageable. Superficial peels that use glycolic or alpha-hydroxy acids, for example, are gentle to the skin. You may experience some stinging, redness, irritation and crusting, but your skin should adjust so that these issues resolve themselves. We may recommend that you use specific skincare products before or after your chemical peel treatment to prepare your skin for the procedure and maximise the results.
- All skin peels require some follow-up care. With a superficial peel, you may find that life can carry on as usual, although it can still take between one and seven days for your skin to heal. People often notice that their treated skin initially looks quite red and it may scale as the top layer of the skin flakes away. We will recommend a suitable lotion or cream to help with this scaling; you should also wear a high factor sun cream as your new skin cells may be more vulnerable to sun damage. Make-up can usually be worn the day after your treatment. Medium peels can take between seven and 14 days to heal, and your skin may feel quite red and swollen at first – symptoms that tend to worsen for the first 48 hours. You may also experience some blistering, and find that your skin crusts and peels off. We will give you careful aftercare instructions for any treatment you have and explain how you can best look after your skin before and after whichever peel you choose.
Speak to one of our experts today
Why Choose Dr. Victoria Clinic?
At Dr Victoria Clinic, our experienced and highly qualified doctors understand that aesthetics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. We tailor each treatment to the individual to ensure the best, most natural results. Understanding the contours and shape of your face and body allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Our treatments are often a blend of technologically advanced procedures and more traditional approaches while we give the best patient care from the moment you come in for a consultation. This patient care doesn’t just stop after your treatment, but we offer free ongoing advice to our patients whenever they have any questions.