What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers use hyaluronic acid, a substance that occurs naturally in the human body, to restore your skin’s lost volume and smooth away lines and wrinkles. If you feel your face has lost some of its youthful definition or that you have deep lines around your mouth or nose, dermal fillers are an ideal treatment option.
Dr Gauba also uses advanced techniques to be able to offer an eight-point facelift, six-point eye rejuvenation, cheek enhancement, lip enhancement, lower face rejuvenation, and to dramatically improve the appearance of dark circles under your eyes.
The results are noticeable immediately and, with Dr Gauba’s skilled approach, they look entirely natural.
30 – 45 minutes.
BACK TO WORK
0 – 3 days.
DURATION OF RESULTS
6 – 24 months.
Dermal Fillers FAQ’s
- Dermal fillers are temporary injectable fillers made from hyaluronic acid, a type of sugar that occurs naturally in the human body and that helps to hydrate the skin and add volume. From our late 20s onwards, our natural stores of hyaluronic acid and collagen begin to deplete. Over time, this means that we each become more prone to a loss of volume, particularly around the cheeks, eyes, mouth and jaw line that can lead to deep, static wrinkles. You may also notice that your cheeks are losing that firm plumpness and radiance associated with younger skin. With dermal fillers, we can restore the hyaluronic acid in your soft tissues to give you back a smooth, youthful appearance.
- Dermal fillers are best used to fill minor to moderate lines and wrinkles and are especially effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth. Lines such as marionette lines – so named because they look like the deep lines on the mouth of a marionette puppet – can be dramatically improved with dermal fillers. They are ideal for;
– temple correction
– forehead lines
– frown lines
– dark circles/hollows under your eyes (tear trough)
– non-surgical nose correction
– nose to mouth lines
– marionette lines
– lip enhancement
– smoker’s lines
– sad mouth / downturned corners of the mouth
– jawline contouring
– chin augmentation
– neck lines
– hydrating your skin
- It is Dr Gauba’s belief that using dermal fillers is almost an art form as she carefully sculpts your face with tiny enhancements designed to balance and showcase the beauty of your natural features. In Dr Gauba’s skilled hands, a small quantity of filler in the right place can make your eyes look more appealing or add a subtle sensuality to the curve of your lips. Dr Gauba will look at your whole face to create a treatment that is effective but natural. She may even recommend focusing on boosting your own collagen production before going ahead with dermal fillers so that you only need a small amount to achieve the look you want. The chances are that your friends and family will tell you that you looked refreshed and healthy without being able to pinpoint exactly what you’ve had done.
- Dermal filler treatments are temporary, non-invasive and require virtually no recovery time, which means that you can get straight back to everyday life after your appointment. You should also see the results of the treatment straightaway. How long the results last depends from one person to the next and is influenced by factors such as the size of the treatment area, where you’ve had treated, your own response and more. As a general rule of thumb, you should see a noticeable improvement in your appearance for between six and 12 months, after which you may decide to have a top-up treatment to keep enjoying the results.
Speak to one of our experts today
Why Choose Dr. Victoria Clinic?
At Dr Victoria Clinic, our experienced and highly qualified doctors understand that aesthetics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. We tailor each treatment to the individual to ensure the best, most natural results. Understanding the contours and shape of your face and body allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Our treatments are often a blend of technologically advanced procedures and more traditional approaches while we give the best patient care from the moment you come in for a consultation. This patient care doesn’t just stop after your treatment, but we offer free ongoing advice to our patients whenever they have any questions.