What is Hand Rejuvenation?
As much as you do to take care of your skin and keep your face looking youthful and radiant, your hands could be giving away your true age or even making people think you’re older than you are, especially if you haven’t treated them well over the years. Hand Rejuvenation treatment can help you change that!
Every day, your hands are busy and they’re exposed to the elements, making them vulnerable to dry skin, sun damage and poor hydration. You may find that your hands have visible raised veins, brown spots or lots of fine lines and wrinkles as a result.
There are a number of different treatments, such as HydraFacial, IPL, cosmeceuticals and dermal fillers, that can be used alone or in combination to rejuvenate the appearance of your hands. You can find out more about these treatments in the Hand Rejuvenation FAQs section below.
BACK TO WORK
Yes – topical cream.
24 – 48 hours.
DURATION OF RESULTS
Up to 12 months.
Hand Rejuvenation FAQ’s
- HydraFacial is sometimes called a ‘red carpet’ facial because it can boost the appearance of your skin without any downtime, giving you a youthful healthy glow. This treatment can be used on your hands rather than, or as well as, your face. The HydraFacial is packed full of powerful antioxidants that can improve the appearance of damage caused by pollution, stress and time. The Hand Rejuvenation treatment will detoxify your skin, remove dead skin cells, extract impurities, and provide long-lasting hydration and nutrients to help your skin rebuild its collagen levels.
- Although Botox doesn’t offer a lifelong cure, it can be an incredibly effective option to treat excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) under the arms or palms of the hands, as well as excessive facial sweating. The latter procedure uses ‘Baby Botox’, i.e small amounts of Botox administered to multiple areas of the face to temporarily stop the sweat glands from releasing sweat. Botox can also be used to address symptoms such as;
– facial asymmetry caused by Bell’s palsy
– jaw clenching
– jaw muscle reduction
– teeth grinding
- Cosmeceuticals represent a marriage between cosmetic products and pharmaceuticals. They typically contain active ingredients that can help improve the health and appearance of your skin and are often only available on prescription through a nurse prescriber or doctor. We primarily use the Obagi and ZO® cosmeceutical ranges. The products in these ranges mean that we can recommend a bespoke skincare routine for you to use at home.
- Dermal fillers use a synthetic version of hyaluronic acid, which is a type of sugar that occurs naturally in the human body and acts like a cushion of fluid in the joints, eyes and beneath the skin. Combined with collagen and elastin, hyaluronic acid helps the skin to look youthful and hydrated. Dermal fillers are a popular treatment choice for hand rejuvenation as they can be injected in small quantities into targeted areas to make your hands appear less veiny and to smooth away lines and wrinkles.
Speak to one of our experts today
Why Choose Dr. Victoria Clinic?
At Dr Victoria Clinic, our experienced and highly qualified doctors understand that aesthetics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. We tailor each treatment to the individual to ensure the best, most natural results. Understanding the contours and shape of your face and body allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Our treatments are often a blend of technologically advanced procedures and more traditional approaches while we give the best patient care from the moment you come in for a consultation. This patient care doesn’t just stop after your treatment, but we offer free ongoing advice to our patients whenever they have any questions.