What are Saxenda Slimming Injections?
Saxenda is a weight loss medicine that contains the active substance liraglutide. It’s similar to a natural occurring hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that’s released from the intestine after a meal. Saxenda works by acting on receptors in the brain that control your appetite, causing you to feel fuller and less hungry.
All too often, people who even have a lap band or bariatric surgery will eventually put the weight they lose back on. As Saxenda reduces your appetite, it enables you to stick to a diet with a controlled daily calorie intake with physical activity, and can help you to lose weight consistently.
Our Saxenda Slimming Injections have also shown to be excellent at reducing high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
Saxenda Slimming Injections FAQ’s
There are many benefits of using our Saxenda Slimming Injections, including:
- Results have shown that when using Saxenda in conjunction with increased physical activity and a low-calorie dietary plan, it is more effective for losing weight than just dieting on it’s own.
- It has been shown to reduce high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- You can self-inject Saxenda, therefore treatment plans don’t require as many visits into our clinic.
- Saxenda has very few side effects.
- In a critical review of the evidence by the Obesity Science and Practice Journal, Liraglutide (Saxenda pen) users consistently lost between 4-6kg.
- As it is a self-injectable once daily medication provided in a pre-filled pen, you can administer it yourself. Saxenda can be injected just under the skin in either your upper arm, leg or stomach area. One of our experienced doctor’s will discuss your options and demonstrate how to use it.
- Most patients don’t experience any side effects during or after treatment. However, there is always the chance you may, the most common are:
These are to be considered very minor, and if experienced tend to settle gradually during the first days of using the medication.
Speak to one of our experts today
Why Choose Dr. Victoria Clinic?
At Dr Victoria Clinic, our experienced and highly qualified doctors understand that aesthetics is not a one-size-fits-all approach. We tailor each treatment to the individual to ensure the best, most natural results. Understanding the contours and shape of your face and body allows us to identify the most appropriate treatment for you.
Our treatments are often a blend of technologically advanced procedures and more traditional approaches while we give the best patient care from the moment you come in for a consultation. This patient care doesn’t just stop after your treatment, but we offer free ongoing advice to our patients whenever they have any questions.